Saturday, August 6, 2011

L.M.R.

like i've said before i'm a huge wes anderson fan... well of his movies. since the first time i saw darjeeling limited i was in love with their luggage. after a little research i found out i'd never be able to own a piece. the luggage in the move was all one of a kind made for the movie by LV. so my dreams were crushed and i'd just watch the movie hoping one day the luggage would be mine. then one day i found this post on a DIY for a different style of bag. it just what i needed to make the darjeeling limited luggage mine (but in purse form. i followed the directions from this and made up the rest on my own. i'm not big on the whole DIY thing so i'll just say i made my own stencils and followed the rest from the blog post. this is what i ended up with =) most people don't know what it's from or believe that i made it, but FINALLY i have the bag i've been wanting for so long!.

the finished product!
this is my version "what's inside my bag". paul frank wallet (super old), nivea hand cream, revlon hot pink lipstick, tums, lip balm, hello kitty coin purse, and oil blotters.

before the paint job
and here's the real deal. if anyone out there owns a piece and doesn't want i'll take it off your hands ;-)


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi! This is from ages ago, but I'm obsessed with this! Can you give me any more info on how you made the stencils? Thanks!!

Unknown said...

Oh I'm typing this cause I forgot to add my email for follow up comments